Attractions near Hanksville, Utah
There are numerous national parks, lakes, and other attractions a short distance from Hanksville, UT. When you stay at the Whispering Sands Motel you'll be in the middle of them all. You'll be able to see everything you want to on your southern Utah vacation without having to drive too far.
Hanksville is especially beautiful during the winter months. The contrast of the white snow on red rock can only be experienced here. The light dusting of snow everywhere gives you an out of world experience. There are always local events in the area such as Apple Days in Torrey, Melon Days in Green River, and car shows in Moab. With so many events and attractions in southern Utah, Hanksville is the perfect central location to enjoy it all.
Check Our Rates & Availability Today
- Lake Powell (60 miles) - With water skiing, cliff jumping, swimming and more Lake Powell is an unparalleled destination with unlimited activities.
- Canyonlands National Park (45 miles) - Offering expansive views from many overlooks along the paved scenic drive, several hikes of varying length and a popular four-wheel-drive road makes Canyonlands a must-see.
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (40 miles) - Visit Glen Canyon Dam and enjoy the millions of acres of golden cliffs, lush hanging gardens, narrow slot canyons, and the brilliant blue oasis of Lake Powell.
- Capitol Reef National Park (30 miles) - Hiking, backpacking, picnicking, wildlife viewing, and walking through the orchards are favorite activities at Capitol Reef.
- Arches National Park (100 miles) - plan on spending a few hours in the park, and if time permits, longer hikes lead to extraordinary rock formations and views.
- Moab (110 miles) - Mountain biking, hiking, climbing, touring and river rafting invites passionate outdoor adventurers to the Four Corners Utah area.
- Goblin Valley State Park (20 miles) - This park is home to eroded sandstone rock formations. (Not many people know about Goblin Valley so if you're looking for something quiet and secluded, this is the place).
- Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry - Come see late-Jurassic dinosaur fossils!
- Natural Bridges National Monument (95 miles) - Here lies some of the finest examples of natural stone architecture in the southwest.
There are always local events in the area such as Apple Days in Torrey, Melon Days in Green River or car shows in Moab. With so many events and attractions in southern Utah, Hanksville is a perfect central location to enjoy all the fun.